COVID-19 Protective Measures
We are implementing a number of protective measures in line with government guidance, to ensure that we minimise the risk of spreading the virus during our services.
Before you arrive
- Do not attend if, in the last 14 days, you or anyone in your household or support bubble has had any of the key symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, persistent dry cough and loss of taste or smell).
- Register your anticipated attendance in advance on our Meetings page to help us prepare socially distanced seating.
- All touch surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned while wearing personal protective equipment.
- We have undertaken a COVID-19 Risk Assessment to help identify transmission risks and set out the actions we will take to mitigate them.
- Refreshments will not be provided so please bring a drink with you.
- Please plan to arrive by 10:20am.
When you arrive
- There will be a one-way entry and exit system to prevent pinch points and face-to-face interaction.
- Hand sanitiser must be used upon entering the building.
- Face coverings must be worn while indoors, as required by law. Children under the age of 11, those with valid exemptions, and those leading the service (preaching and singing) are not required to wear a face covering.
- You will be signed in by a member of the Welcome Team and shown to your seat.
- We will maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres at all times where possible. The capacity of our services is determined by the size of the venue and the size of households attending. Households and support bubbles will be seated together.
- Please limit your social interaction with anyone from outside your household group (one other household), including in the surrounding outdoor space (e.g. courtyard, playground, etc.).
- Service sheets will be available on chairs, having only been handled by a member of the Welcome Team while wearing gloves.
- Washroom facilities will be carefully managed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Everyone using washroom facilities should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water. Disposable paper towels will be used for drying. Please wipe all touch surfaces after use with the cleaning products provided. Children under 11 should be accompanied to the washroom.
During the service
- Children must be supervised by their parents. There will be no provision of crèche or children’s programmes during services at this time. Please bring toys to keep them entertained.
- There will be no congregational singing, communal liturgy or voice projection. No wind instruments will be used. One individual may sing behind a plexiglass screen, with the use of an audio system to prevent voice projection.
- Preaching will be done from behind a plexiglass screen with the use of an audio system to prevent voice projection.
- We will not be taking the Lord’s Supper during this time.
- Please take your waste home, if possible.
After the service
- The congregation will exit the building as soon as the service concludes.
- Please sanitise your hands as you leave.
- All touch surfaces will be cleaned again while wearing personal protective equipment.